HPN-MCO (and back)
The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\sites\createmybb3\cache\aviationparadise\groupleaders.php:1) - Line: 2407 - File: C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php PHP 7.1.12 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php 2407 header
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php 2469 my_setcookie
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions_indicators.php 42 my_set_array_cookie
C:\sites\createmybb3\showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\sites\createmybb3\cache\aviationparadise\groupleaders.php:1) - Line: 2407 - File: C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php PHP 7.1.12 (WINNT)
File Line Function
[PHP]   errorHandler->error
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php 2407 header
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions.php 2469 my_setcookie
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions_indicators.php 218 my_set_array_cookie
C:\sites\createmybb3\inc\functions_indicators.php 48 mark_forum_read
C:\sites\createmybb3\showthread.php 592 mark_thread_read

Thread Closed 
Social Buttons

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HPN-MCO (and back)
06-22-2011, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2011 04:32 AM by nino51300.)
HPN-MCO (and back)
A few years back I did this trip..So I'll try my best.

Background
We were going to Flordia via my grandmother's favorite Airport, White Plains. A rather small airport. Smaller than Gatwick. Smaller than Bradley(Windsor Locks).
I'll put it as the gates were lettered(A-Z). The gates were A-F. A,B were walk onto the tarmac. One baggage Carousel, 5 airlines go to that airport, one check in desk each. Yea, Long linesSad

Flight To

OK, If anyone knows this airport, It is SMALL
[Image: IMAGE_001.jpg]
Yikes.
[Image: inside_white_plains_westchester_airport_..._200_1.jpg]
Yikes, small.
[Image: white_plains_westchester_airport_aerial_..._200_1.jpg]
2 runways..Both Small!

So our flight was supposed to depart at 6:49 PM, we were boarding at 9:45. Waiting that long in an airport with 1 public bathroom, no snack bar, no nothing!!!! I just sat and watched planes for a few....hours.

So we got in the plane, We were in a 717 similar to the one below. Luckily our flight was boarding on a jetway!!!!! The staff was kind, usual snacks and drinks. I had a window seat, but you couldn't see anything 'cause it was so dark. I was hoping for good views of NYC. Rest of the flight was uneventful. We landed at about Midnight in Orlando, I could have sworn I was sleep walking. Got our baggage, a car, and were off. Of course our car ride to our home we were staying at was 2 hours away!!!!!!!! Note, 3 hrs. away from MIA, and about 5 from West Palm Beach. So I got to bed at about..3 am. I would see the world again at about 6am. Poor me!

[Image: 1571783.jpg]
Wow. Small.

Back:

Again, back at MCO, our AirTran 717 was delayed AGAIN! Only 10 min. though......I lucked out. We got the last row. Right next to the engines, and NO window. And, I was on the insideSad Luckily I had a like 2 year old in front of me which kept me entertained. Uneventful flight.

All in all, AirTran is a great airline, If you are looking for delays. Timeliness: 6/10 maybe. Service: 9/10 Comfort: 8/10 Fleet: 7/10.

I would rather boost Southwest than AirTran, but no need. AirTran is merging with Southwest in the next few years. So for now, Fly Southwest when in the USA.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed